Edmund S. Evangelista, M.D.
Dr. Evangelista specializes in physical medicine and rehabilitation with subspecialty training in the non-surgical treatment of spine conditions, sports medicine, regenerative medicine, and interventional pain management.
- Diplomate, American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Board Certified, Subspecialty of Sports Medicine
- Board Certified, Subspecialty of Pain Medicine
- Fellowship Trained in Orthopedic Spine and Sports Medicine
- Fellow, American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Member, North American Spine Society
- Member, Spine Intervention Society
- Member, Surfer's Medical Association
- Member, Biologic Orthopedic Society
- Selected as Castle Connolly Top Doctor in Orange County/Southern California, consecutive years 2011-2017
Dr. Evangelista earned his Bachelor's degree from Boston College and received his Doctor of Medicine degree from Tufts University School of Medicine in 1996. He completed an internship at Boston University/Malden Hospital and a residency in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at UC Irvine Medical Center in 2000. He also completed a one year Orthopedic Spine and Sports Fellowship at Beth Israel Medical Center in New York City. During his fellowship, Dr. Evangelista received specialty training in non-operative spine care, interventional pain management, and he provided consultation services to amateur and professional athletes.
Dr. Evangelista is board certified in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, as well as the subspecialties of sports medicine and pain medicine. He specializes in the non-surgical treatment of spine and general orthopedic disorders, interventional pain management, and sports medicine. Dr. Evangelista performs EMG/nerve conduction studies to help diagnose common causes of “pinched nerves”.
Dr. Evangelista also has a special interest and extensive training in regenerative medicine (using the body's own platelets and stem cells to promote healing of injuries without surgery). He uses image guidance (ultrasound or fluoroscopy) to inject regenerative treatments precisely to targeted areas.
Dr. Evangelista volunteers his time with Disabled Sports USA-Orange County where he serves as Medical Advisor, as well as volunteer ski instructor for the disabled. He also served as team physician for Tesoro High School for 12 years.
Dr. Evangelista is an avid surfer and also enjoys skiing, snowboarding, hockey, traveling, and spending time with his wife and 2 children.