Edmund S. Evangelista, M.D.
Dr. Evangelista specializes in the non-surgical treatment of spine and general orthopedic conditions, sports medicine, regenerative medicine, and interventional pain management.
- Board Certified, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Board Certified, Subspecialty of Sports Medicine
- Board Certified, Subspecialty of Pain Medicine
- Fellowship Trained in Orthopedic Spine and Sports Medicine
- Fellow, American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Member, North American Spine Society
- Member, Spine Intervention Society
- Member, Surfer's Medical Association
- Member, Biologic Orthopedic Society
- Member, MedRebels Preferred Physician Network (adult stem cell therapy organization)
- Selected as Castle Connolly Top Doctor in Orange County/Southern California, consecutive years 2011-2017 (featured in Orange Coast Magazine)
Dr. Evangelista earned his Bachelor’s degree from Boston College in 1992 where he graduated with honors and was a member of the Varsity Ski Team for 4 years. He received his M.D. from Tufts University School of Medicine in 1996, and then completed his residency in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at University of California Irvine in 2000 where he was awarded “Outstanding Graduating Resident of the Year”. He then completed a one year Orthopedic Spine and Sports Fellowship at Beth Israel Medical Center in New York City where he received specialty training in nonsurgical spine and orthopedic care, interventional pain management, and sports medicine.
Dr. Evangelista is triple board certified in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Sports Medicine, and Pain Medicine. His practice focuses on the nonsurgical management of spine, sports, and general orthopedic disorders. He has extensive experience with advanced image guided injection techniques, using fluoroscopy or ultrasound for accurate placement of spine, joint, and soft tissue injection treatments. He also performs EMG/nerve conduction studies to help diagnose common causes of “pinched nerves.”
Dr. Evangelista has a special interest and extensive training in regenerative medicine (using the body's own platelets and stem cells to promote healing of injuries without surgery). He believes that these treatments have tremendous potential for treating a variety of chronic orthopedic and pain conditions. He is a preferred provider with MedRebels physician network, an organization dedicated to the advancement of adult stem cell therapy (www.medrebels.com). View video to learn more about healing injuries with regenerative medicine.
Dr. Evangelista volunteers his time with Disabled Sports USA-Orange County where he serves as Medical Advisor, as well as volunteer ski instructor for the disabled. He also served as team physician for Tesoro High School for 12 years.
Dr. Evangelista is an avid surfer and also enjoys skiing, snowboarding, traveling, and spending time with his wife and 2 children.