Kent R. Adamson, M.D.
Dr. Adamson specializes in general orthopedic surgery with a special interest in adult reconstructive surgery and knee replacement.
- Diplomate, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Board Member, California Orthopaedic Association
- Member of the Board of Councilors of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member, Western Orthopaedic Association
- Past-President, Orange County Medical Association
- Member and Delegate, California Medical Association
- Current Chief of Medical Staff at Mission Hospital
Dr. Adamson is a native of Minnesota. He graduated summa cum laude from St. Olaf College in Northfield, Minnesota. He went to medical school at the University of Minnesota, where he graduated with highest honors. Dr. Adamson completed his general surgery internship and orthopedic surgery residency at Harbor/UCLA Medical Center in Los Angeles County. He has received additional medical and surgical training at the University of Glasgow in the United Kingdom.
Dr. Adamson has been practicing orthopedic surgery in Mission Viejo with COMG since 1984. He is a board certified orthopedic surgeon, with special interest in adult reconstructive surgery and knee replacement.
Dr. Adamson is also extremely active in medical leadership. At Mission Hospital, he has served as Chief of Orthopedic Surgery, as well as current Chief of the Medical Staff.
Dr. Adamson has also served as President of the Orange County Medical Association and currently serves as a state delegate to the California Medical Association. He also is a current Board member of the California Orthopaedic Association and is active in leadership within the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. Dr. Adamson feels a commitment not only to the well-being of his own orthopedic patients, but also remains committed to the betterment of health care delivery to all patients.
Dr. Adamson is also active with his family and his church. In his free time, he loves to surf, golf and ski. He is also an avid reader and a history buff.