Tiva Hanjan, M.D.
Dr. Hanjan specializes in the non-surgical treatment of spine, sports and general orthopedic conditions. He is triple board certified in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Sports Medicine and Pain medicine. As part of the non-surgical management of spine and orthopedic disorders, Dr. Hanjan performs spine (epidural, facet), joint and soft tissue injections as well as regenerative injections (prolotherapy/platelet rich plasma [PRP]). He additionally performs EMG/Nerve Conduction studies. He believes in compassionate and comprehensive care of all individuals and performs thorough and detailed evaluations in order to make the most accurate diagnosis and treatment plan.
- Board Certified, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Board Certified, Subspecialty of Sports Medicine
- Board Certified, Subspecialty of Pain Medicine
- Fellowship Trained in Orthopedic Spine and Sports Medicine
- Fellow, American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Member, Spine Intervention Society
- Selected as Castle Connolly Top Doctor in Orange County/Southern California, 2020
- Selected as Physician of Excellence by Orange County Medical Association, 2020 (featured in Orange Coast Magazine)
- Physician Management Committee, California Specialty Surgical Center
Dr. Hanjan is a graduate of the Stanford University Medical Center Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation program and completed two additional years of subspecialty fellowship training. He finished his first fellowship in Orthopedic Sports and Spine, Medicine at Portner Orthopedic Rehabilitation in Honolulu, Hawaii. He followed that up with fellowship training at the Pain Medicine Program at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit Michigan.
Dr. Hanjan has volunteered at the U.S. Open Track & Field Championships, NCAA regional track and field semifinals, and Stanford track and cross country events where he had the unique opportunity to analyze function and assess injury in high-level athletes. He served as team physician for Aliso Niguel High School Athletics from 2010-2019.
His practice interests include interventional spine medicine, general orthopedic care, sports medicine, and regenerative medicine. He has a great appreciation for the contributions of biomechanics and dynamic stabilization in the recovery from painful musculoskeletal ailments and injuries. His primary goal is to maximize the function of all patients with comprehensive non-operative treatment approach that entails education, rehabilitation, interventional therapies/injections, and medications.
Dr. Hanjan enjoys playing basketball, watching Laker games, travelling and spending time with his wife and three boys.