Dr. Guerrero specializes in the surgical and non-surgical management of the hand, wrist, elbow, and shoulder, peripheral nerve surgery, and general orthopedic surgery.
- Diplomate, American Board of Orthopedic Surgery (Board-Certified)
- Fellowship Trained in Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery
- Member American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- Member American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
Dr. Guerrero grew up in San Juan Capistrano, California and attended St. Margaret's Episcopal School. Dr. Guerrero played four years of Division I varsity lacrosse at Lehigh University in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, earning All-Patriot League honors, as well as being named a team captain and academic All-American. After graduating from Lehigh University with high honors, he attended Tulane University School of Medicine in New Orleans, Louisiana, where he was a member of the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society and received the Tulane Caldwell Society Award for outstanding performance in clinical orthopedics. Dr. Guerrero completed his orthopedic surgery residency at Duke University in Durham, North Carolina, where he was a Feagin Leadership Scholar. He then completed a hand and upper extremity surgery fellowship at OrthoCarolina in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Peer reviewed articles:
- Guerrero EM, Lauder A, Federer AE, Glisson R, Richard MJ, Ruch DS. Metacarpal Position and Lunate Facet Screw Fixation in Dorsal Wrist-Spanning Bridge Plates for Intra-articular Distal Radial Fracture: A Biomechanical Analysis. The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery 2020
- Guerrero EM, Helmkamp J, Bullock G, Madrid A, Ledbetter L, Richard MJ, Garrigues GE. The Clinical Impact of Different Approaches to Osteocapsular Debridement for Primary Osteoarthritis of the Elbow: A Systematic Review. The Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery 2020
- Guerrero EM, Baumgartner RE, Federer AE, Mithani SK, Ruch DS, Richard DS. Complications of Low-Profile Plate Fixation of Phalanx Fractures. Hand. 2021
- Guerrero EG, Morwood MP, Kankaria RA, Johnston PA, Garrigues GE. Shoulder Arthroplasty Using Mini-stem Humeral Components and a Lesser Tuberosity Osteotomy. Musculoskeletal Surgery 2019
Educational Resources for Patients
All Conditions | Handcare (assh.org)
Common Ailments of the Hand, Wrist and Elbow
Take the weight off your shoulders