Dr. Waldman specialized in surgical and non-surgical treatment of conditions of the cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine of children and adults. Dr. Waldman also performs arthroscopic reconstructive surgery and joint replacement surgery.
- Diplomate, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member, North American Spine Society
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Fellow, International College of Surgeons
- Member, California Orthopaedic Association
- Member, Western Orthopaedic Association
- Fellow, American College of Physician Executives
- Member, Orange County Medical Association
- Member, California Medical Association
- Member, American Medical Association
Dr. Waldman received his undergraduate degree from the University of Rochester in New York and his medical degree from the University of Maryland School of Medicine where he graduated with honors. He completed a surgical internship and a four-year residency in orthopedic surgery at Harbor/UCLA Medical Center in 1977. Dr. Waldman has received additional medical and surgical training at the Orthopedic Hospital in Los Angeles and at Rancho Los Amigos Hospital in Downey, California.
Dr. Waldman was board certified in orthopedic surgery and specialized in the surgical treatment of the spine. He performed the latest state-of-the-art techniques including endoscopic discectomy, microscopic neck and back surgeries, instrumented spine fusions, kyphoplasty for compression fractures, and disc replacement surgery. He also had over 30 years of private practice experience in general orthopedics including arthroscopy and joint replacement surgery.
Dr. Waldman received his MBA degree from the University of California Irvine's Inaugural Health Care Executive MBA program, where he graduated with honors. Dr. Waldman is the CEO of COMG.
Dr. Waldman enjoyed spending time with his wife, five daughters, grandchildren, traveling, playing golf, tennis, skiing, and scuba diving.
Dr. Waldman has retired from Community Orthopedic Medical Group.