Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R) is the field of medicine dedicated to non-surgical management of orthopedic and musculoskeletal disorders and injuries.
A Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation doctor, also known as a Physiatrist, takes the time to accurately examine and isolate the exact source of pain or injury in order to effectively initiate a comprehensive treatment plan.
Treatment and workup may include a combination of medications, physical therapy, exercise, education, injections, EMG and nerve conduction studies, and imaging studies. The goal of treatment is to find non-operative, minimally invasive solutions for musculoskeletal pain in order to maximize function and performance. Our physiatrists have additional subspecialty training in Sports medicine and Spine medicine.
Services provided by our Physiatrists include:
- Lumbar, Thoracic and Cervical Epidural Steroid Injections - View Video
- Lumbar, Thoracic and Cervical Facet Joint Injections - View Video
- Radiofrequency Lesioning/Thermocoagulation for Facet Pain and Nerve Pain - View Video
- Selective Nerve Root Blocks - View Video
- Discography - View Video
- Peripheral Joint Injections (Knee, Shoulder, Hip, Wrist, Elbow, Ankle, Digits) - View Video
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) injections - View Video
- Trigger Point Injections - View Video
- Sacroiliac Joint Injections - View Video
- Spinal Cord Stimulator Trials - View Video
- Electro diagnostic Studies | Nerve Conduction Studies (EMG/NCS) - View Video
Tiva Hanjan, M.D.Physical Medicine and RehabilitationNonsurgical Spine and Sports Medicine